Determining The Cost Of Your Bathroom Remodel
Memphis Area Bathroom Remodeling Pricing Explained
- How extensive will your remodel be – is it more of a refresh or is it a ‘rip it all out’ and start over?
- Contractors vary in quality and pricing methods – some are looking to bid as cheaply as possible while others are trying to pad profits. It can be hard to find a Memphis area remodeler to give it to you straight.
- Details like your bathroom’s location within the home and whether you want to move water fixtures can impact cost.
- What specific products you select for your bathroom remodel will also affect cost – will you choose the most premium products or is a high-quality but more budget conscious choice what you want?
So with so many variables, it’s impossible to give you a precise answer about costs without a consultation at your home. But that doesn’t mean we can’t give you a good general guideline.
How To (Very Roughly) Determine Bathroom Remodeling Costs
Here is a guide you can use:
- If you are keeping the same basic layout of your bathroom and just replacing what you have (flooring, tiles, new paint, etc.) bathroom remodels tend to fall in the range of costing 5% to 7% of your home’s value.
- If you are doing a complete gut of your bathroom and will move water fixtures, your remodel will likely fall in the range of 7% to 10% of your home’s value.
This is not an exact formula that works in every case. However, we’ve been in business for more than a decade and we find this to be a pretty accurate measure of likely costs.
Why is the price of your home a good baseline for figuring out how much a remodel will be?
People typically want to match the rest of their home in the quality of the products and style. The more valuable a home, the more likely it is the products and style needed to match it will cost more.
Another factor is that the higher a home’s value, the more likely that a bathroom will be larger. While this isn’t always the case, it’s another factor in the average price of a remodel.
Of course, other things will factor into the price of your remodel.
For example, where your bathroom is located within your house can influence the cost. If water fixtures need moved, that is usually easier with a 2nd floor bathroom, because 1st floor bathrooms are set on concrete and water fixtures are harder to move there.
With so many different factors in determining the price of your bathroom remodel, what should be your next step if you want a reliable price range for your specific project?
What’s The Best Way To Determine How Much MY Bathroom Remodel Will Cost?
We hope this article has been helpful in giving you some idea of likely bathroom remodeling costs. But the most accurate way to determine costs is to reach out to us for a free consultation. We’ll come to your home and give you specific answers to all your questions.
We’d be honored to talk with you about your bathroom remodeling project.
Are you ready for your next remodeling project? Let us take it to the next level. Schedule a free consultation today!