Getting Kitchen & Bathroom Remodels Done QUICK
Here’s How We Get Kitchen & Bathroom Remodels Done Quicker Compared To Most Of The Competition Across Greater Memphis
When folks approach us to potentially renovate or remodel their kitchens and bathrooms, they tend to have three quick questions on their minds:
How much is it going to cost?
When can you get started?
How long is this going to take?
In terms of costs, we’re a premium builder, but we’ll save that topic for another post. That said, the time it’s taking some contractors and builders to get kitchen & bathroom remodels done is driving homeowners up the wall.
Imagine talking to a handful of companies and being told your project can’t even BEGIN for five, six, or seven months! We’ve even heard of delays of eight months or more!
For some perspective on what’s going on, let’s turn to the National Kitchen & Bath Association and real estate market watchdogs. They recently put out some industry statistics that shed light on why so many remodelers are scrambling.
- 45% of surveyed dealers and designers reported that material shortages and product pricing are affecting project timelines.
- 60% of surveyed manufacturing firms reported average lead times of six-plus weeks, a significant increase from the previous quarter.
- 78% of those same manufacturers reported severe capacity constraints – also up from the previous quarter – due to extended lead times on raw materials and significant freight delays.
- 67% of surveyed building and construction firms reported a backlog of three-plus months, with 21% reporting a backlog extending all the way through 2021.
How are we still working like a well-oiled machine despite these industry-wide headaches?
Tight supplies across the board.
Supply chain disruptions.
Skilled labor shortages.
Inflated costs of construction materials.
The truth is, we understand. These days it takes a lot longer than it used to just to get an oil change!
Thankfully we’ve been in this business and building relationships for a long time.
It might sound corny, but we only hire the nicest professionals. We also pay well, and we pay quickly. Because of this, people have enjoyed working with us through the years, and we have a large network from which to draw.
- We’ve always made staffing a huge priority, long before any of the disruptions from 2020 came around. Together with our great reputation, it means we have a large versatile pool of highly skilled professionals.
- We’ve also assembled a range of manufacturers from across the nation who know us well, like cabinet companies. This means if one type or style is experiencing disruptions, we have others we can look at.
- Our design team is incredible! They’re friendly and masterful at guiding homeowners like you through the options based on pricing, aesthetics, and lead times. This allows us to make decisions quickly and move.
Bottom Line: We don’t take as long because we’re a great company, with a great process that does great work, that’s great to work with. Simple as that. The contractors suffering the most are those that have their operation set up to rely on FAR smaller assortments of labor and vendors.
If you’d like to know more, or you’re interested in speaking with one of our product specialists directly about your Greater Memphis area home, reach out and Contact Robbins Construction.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions and quell any initial concerns. Thanks for your time today.
Are you ready for your next remodeling project? Let us take it to the next level. Schedule a free consultation today!